TUESDAY, APRIL 9, 2022 SPRING ELECTION RESULTS
THE NEXT ELECTION IS TUESDAY, august 9, 2022.
The Common Council established the updated Polling Places at the February 17, 2022 meeting.
Click here to view the list of Polling Places and their associated Wards (PDF)
Click on the address to view the location in Google Maps.
You can also look up your polling place at www.myvote.wi.gov following these steps:
- Click "My Voter Info"
- Enter your Last Name, First Name and Date of Birth
- Click the green "Search" button
From there you can view your elected officials from the local to federal level and everything in-between and apply for an absentee ballot.
Questions? Call 414.302.VOTE!
- Fall Primary - Tuesday, August 9 (If Needed)
- General / Gubernatorial Election - Tuesday, November 8
IMPORTANT ELECTION DATES TO REMEMBER!!
Last day to establish residency for the Spring Primary. Electors moving after this date may vote from their prior address.
6.02(2), 6.10(3) – 28 days prior to election
Deadline for municipal clerks to send absentee ballots to electors with valid requests on file for the Spring Election.
7.15(1)(cm) – No later than 21 days before the election
Municipal clerks send absentee ballots to electors with valid requests on file for the Spring Election as soon as they are available. All absentee ballots must be recorded in WisVote.
7.15(1)(cm) – as soon as ballots are available 6.33(5)(a)2 the municipal clerk or clerk’s designee shall enter absentee ballots electronically on the list maintained by the commission
Deadline for electors to register to vote by mail or online in the Spring Election. After this date, electors must register in person in the municipal clerk's office or at the polling place.
6.28(1) – must be postmarked no later than the 3rd Wednesday before the election. Online registration closes at 11:59 p.m.
In-Person Absentee Voting Begins.
6.86(1)(b) – No earlier than 14 days before the election
Deadline (5:00 p.m.) for calendar year absentee ballot requests to be submitted by mail, online, email, or fax to receive absentee ballot for Spring Election.
6.86(1)(b), 6.86(2m) – 5:00 p.m. Friday preceding an election
Deadline (5:00 p.m.) for electors to register to vote in the municipal clerk's office or other designated location(s).
6.29(2)(a) – Friday preceding the election
5.02(21) – 1st Tuesday in April
apply for your 2022 calendar year absentee ballots
For more information:
- Voter Registration Page
- Check voter registration status
- Update voter registration information
- Find polling location -
- Absentee Voting Information
west allis voter turnout statistics
Click here to view (PDF) the City's Voter Turnout Statistics from 2012 to current. You can see the date and type of election, registered voters, voters per election, percentages of turnouts, as well as how many people voted via absentee ballot.
which races are on each ballot?
- Spring Primary – nonpartisan primary held the third Tuesday in February to nominate candidates to be voted for at the spring election.
- Spring Election – election held the first Tuesday in April for Court of Appeals Judge, Circuit Court Judge, County Nonpartisan Offices, Municipal Offices, School District Offices, and referenda (if necessary), and in Presidential years, to express preference for the person to be the presidential candidate for each party.
- Partisan Primary – primary held the second Tuesday in August to nominate candidates to be voted for at the general election and referenda (if necessary).
- General Election – election held in even-numbered years on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November to elect the President and Vice President of the United States (in Presidential years), United States Senator, Representative in Congress, State Senator, Representative to the Assembly, District Attorney, County Partisan Offices, and referenda (if necessary).