How do I get my sign approved?

Most signs require a sign permit in the City of West Allis. Signs do not require a permit if they are less than 6 sq. ft. and are not illuminated or if they are window signs that meet the requirements found in 13.21(18).

To get your sign approved, apply for a sign permit through the City's online Sign Permit Application. 

The application will be reviewed to ensure it meets the City's Sign Code. These rules specify the number, size, design, location, and construction standards for signs. Please reference the Sign Review & Approval, section of our web site for detailed guidelines. Contact with additional questions.

Show All Answers

1. What can I use my property for? What is my property zoned for?
2. How do I use the zoning code?
3. What is a Conditional or Limited Use? What do zoning use classifications mean?
4. How do I get my sign approved?
5. What is zoning? What are zoning districts?