As of December 12, 2023, Common Council has approved new winter parking rules. Winter parking rules will be in effect only during a declared snow emergency. Emergencies could be due to snow, ice, sleet, or any wintery weather. Emergencies will be announced with start and end times. Normal parking rules apply when a snow emergency has NOT been declared.
SIDE STREET PARKING
During the snow emergency, alternate side parking will be in effect until the end of the emergency between 12 a.m. midnight until 3 p.m. during the declared emergency.
- Park on the EVEN side of the street if the previous day was an even-numbered date.
- Park on the ODD side of the street if the previous day was an odd-numbered date.
- Park on EITHER side of the street between 3 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. following all posted parking signs.
- Nighttime parking e-permits are still required.
MAIN THOROUGHFARE PARKING
During the declared snow emergency time frame:
- Parking is NOT allowed on main thoroughfare streets during the duration of the snow emergency.
- Any illegally parked vehicles can be towed without notice.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN A SNOW EMERGENCY HAS BEEN DECLARED?
To receive alerts when snow emergencies are declared:
- Follow the City of West Allis on social media.
- Sign up for email and mobile notifications by providing your email and phone number on the City website. Be sure to sign up for "Alert Center - Public Works News" and "News Flash - City of West Allis News."
For questions, please contact the West Allis Police Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-302-8000 or the West Allis Customer Service Center in City Hall at email@example.com or 414-302-8200. Sign up for major snow emergency notifications at www.WestAllisWI.gov/NotifyMe.