The City of West Allis is overjoyed to once again sponsor the Veterans Giving Tree project this year. The Veterans Giving Tree project honors veterans from the Milwaukee VA who do not have families by fulfilling their gift requests. See the full list of Veterans and their gift requests online. Choose your virtual star by clicking the 'Sign Up' button corresponding to the Veteran you would like to purchase gifts for and then 'Submit and Sign Up' at the bottom of the page.
Sign Up Process
Online Sign Up: Gift Sign Up Form
- Purchase your vet's gifts yourself, or share the spirit of the season at www.westalliswi.gov/givingtree by partnering with friends and family to purchase all the items on each veteran's wish list. We understand that not all items may be easy to purchase but encourage gift-givers to do the best they can to fulfill each wish list.
- Once you pick a star virtually, purchase the requested gift and return the wrapped gift to the Milwaukee VA Medical Center, at the Voluntary Service Unit by Monday, December 19. Please see the attached directions for gift delivery (PDF) (also available and explained below).
- Please make sure the gift tags are clearly marked with the name and number specified on the gift tag. If there are multiple gifts for the same veteran, please make sure all packages are clearly marked with their name and number. All gifts should be either gift-wrapped or put into a gift bag.
- Monetary donations can be mailed directly to the Milwaukee VA Medical Center with a memo of "Veterans Giving Tree" or dropped off during the drop-off dates. Checks made out to "Zablocki VA MC GPF 1152".
All virtual star Christmas Gifts must be wrapped and dropped off at the Voluntary Services unit at the VA on the following dates and time slots. They just ask that the donor calls so they can be ready for the donation:
- November 14 - December 19, 2022
- Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- December 13 and 15 will have extended hours of 7 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Directions for Dropping Off Gifts
- 5000 W National Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53295
At the back of Building 70, from N. Washington Drive, you will find Volunteer Drive. Follow Volunteer Drive along Building 70, heading East. Pull past the 3rd wing of Building 70 and on the right-hand side you will see a parking space labeled 20-minute Voluntary Service Parking. You will pull in this parking space and the Post Office will be in front of you (brownish red wooden building with a ramp). Facing the Post Office, look to your right. On the side of the Building 70 wing, you will see a door. That is the entrance to the wing our office is located in. When you arrive, please call our office at 414-384-2000 x41803. A staff member will meet you at your car.
For More Information
For more information regarding the Veterans Giving Tree, please contact the City's Tourism & Event Coordinator, Chelsea Famularo, at email@example.com