The leaves are falling and that means the Leaf Relief map is back! Check the map frequently to find out when crews will be collecting leaves in your area. You can see when the last leaf pick up was completed and when the next one is expected so you can plan ahead.
Remember, fall yard waste collection runs through Nov. 14. Here are some tips to make the most of yard waste collection:
- Do not place materials in the curb line at any other time.
- Do not place materials for collection in drainage ditches, alleys, refuse containers, ash boxes or piles in your yard or driveway. Rake them into the street along the curb line forming a long, low pile.
- If you do not have a curb on your street, place your materials along the roadway in a long, low pile.
- Open-air burning of yard waste is not permitted in West Allis.
- To help prevent materials from blowing around, wet them down.
- Remove pots and soil from plants before placing in the curb line.
- Do not park vehicles along the curb line near or over yard waste piles.
- Do not place brush, woody plants and grass clippings in the yard waste windrows.
Help City workers help you. Following the above guidelines will provide residents of West Allis with better, faster and more efficient yard waste collection service! If you have any questions about this collection service, fill out our Let Us Help form and we will be in touch with you shortly.
Visit the Leaf Relief map to find out when your next collection date will be!