Overnight & MUNICIPAL Parking Permits
In order for the City to perform daily maintenance on the streets (snow plowing, street sweeping, leaf pickup), no all-night parking shall be permitted, except by vehicles displaying night parking permits or by vehicles bearing disabled plates or identification cards.
If your vehicle is disabled, you have overnight visitors, or there is some other applicable reason, you may obtain overnight parking permission for one night.
Permits are for sale from at the West Allis Police Department Records Unit, 11301 W. Lincoln Avenue between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Cash, check, or debit/credit card accepted.
Parking permits may also be purchased from the City of West Allis Customer Service Center, from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Customer Service Center is at 7525 W Greenfield Avenue
West Allis, WI 53214. Cash or checks only at this location.
For additional information, please view the Overnight Parking Flyer (PDF).
Parking permits are available for purchase 7 days prior to the end of the previous month and may be used at that time.
Rules & Regulations
- Night parking, where permitted, shall be restricted to the even numbered side of the street on those nights with an even calendar date before midnight, and to the odd numbered side of the street on those nights with an odd calendar date before midnight
- The permit shall be attached to the driver’s side rear window in the upper left corner
- There shall be no parking (with or without a permit)
- In violation of any parking regulation
- If parking is not allowed on a certain side a street, you must park on a different street
- In violation of Snow Emergency Regulations
- In violation of Winter Parking Regulations
- The following motor vehicles are not eligible for night parking permits:
- Motor vehicles with a truck registration "D" series or above.
- Motor homes
- Trucks equipped with truck campers.
- Non-motorized vehicles
- Commercial vehicles
Things to Remember
- Police Officers have the right to override any permission if the vehicle is not legal to park on the street overnight or not legally parked (i.e., you many not park a trailer, a boat or vehicle in excess of 6,000 pounds overnight).
- You must be parked on the correct side of the street: even numbered side of the street on those nights with an even calendar date before midnight and odd numbered side of the street on those nights with an odd calendar date before midnight.
- Any mistyped plate information or falsification of any of the above information may result in a parking citation or even a fraud arrest.
- Your car may still be ticketed for overnight parking violations until you receive your permit and display it properly in your car’s window.
- Failure to pay parking citations will result in the suspension of your license plates.
If you have any questions about overnight parking please call 414-302-8080 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. or email the Records Department.
If you have any comments or ideas on how to improve this online submission process, please email us.