West Allis City Ordinances prohibit parking on City of West Allis streets from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. without a permit or permission. This allow the City to perform daily maintenance on the streets (e.g., snow plowing, street sweeping, leaf collection). Night parking, where permitted, shall be restricted to the even numbered side of the street on those nights with an even calendar date before midnight, and to the odd numbered side of the street on those nights with an odd calendar date before midnight. For more information on overnight parking, please review our flyer. West Allis City Ordinances also prohibit parking in City of West Allis municipal lots without a permit. Parking regulations are in effect every day/night of the year.
- In violation of any parking regulation.
- If parking is not allowed on a certain side of a street, you must park on a different street.
- If parking is not allowed on a certain side/stall, you must park in a different location (municipal lots only).
- In violation of Snow Emergency Regulations (not applicable for municipal lots).
- In violation of Winter Parking Regulations (not applicable for municipal lots). @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Motor vehicles in excess of 8000 pounds.
- Motor vehicles with a truck registration "D" series or above (municipal lots only).
- Trucks in excess of twenty (20) feet (municipal lots only).
- Trucks equipped with truck campers.
- Mobile homes, camping trailers, travel trailers, motorized camping vans.
- All terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, boats.
- Electric personal assistive mobility devices.
- Utility trailers and non-motorized vehicles.
- Commercial motor vehicles: Vehicles, including passenger vehicles, used for commercial purposes (examples: delivery van; taxi; vehicle registered to a company, firm, business, or corporation; vehicle with company decals or markings). @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- A police officer has the right to override any permission/permit if the vehicle is otherwise parked illegally (e.g., in front of a fire hydrant) or if the vehicle cannot be legally parked on the street overnight (e.g., trailer, boat, vehicle is excess of 8,000 pounds).
- Your vehicle may still be ticketed for parking violations if a permit is not properly displayed (please remove old permits).
- Any mistyped license plate or VIN information or falsification of any information on a permit application may result in a citation or arrest.
- The permit fee shall be paid upon application.
- No part of any permit fee shall be refundable at any time.
- A duplicate permit shall be issued for a fee of fifteen dollars ($15.), if the original permit is lost or stolen.
- Permit fees include applicable state sales tax.
- Failure to pay parking citations will result in the suspension of your license plates.
- A vehicle is NOT considered to be permitted until the permit sticker is properly attached to the appropriate vehicle window (see photo).
- For questions, contact the West Allis Police Department's Records Unit at (414) 302-8080, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
OVERNIGHT PARKING & MUNICIPAL PARKING PERMITS
Permits can be obtained by completing the online form, visiting the West Allis Police Department, 11301 W. Lincoln Av., Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. (excluding holidays), or visiting West Allis City Hall (Customer Service Center), 7525 W. Greenfield Av., Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. (excluding holidays).The Police Department accepts cash, check, or credit card. City Hall accepts cash or check.
- Monthly permit (1st day to last day of a calendar month).
- Quarterly permit (1st quarter = January, February, March; 2nd quarter = April, May, June; 3rd quarter = July, August, September; 4th quarter = October, November, December).
- Yearly permit (January 1st - December 31st). @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
TEMPORARY OVERNIGHT PARKING PERMISSION
Special permission for overnight parking may be obtained by completing the online form anytime before 3 a.m. or by calling (414) 302-8100 between 9 p.m. and 1 a.m. No permission will be granted after 3 a.m. You will be required to provide the location of the parked vehicle, the vehicle’s license plate number, and the reason for the request. Special overnight parking permission may be requested a maximum of three times in any calendar month.