OVERNIGHT PARKING & MUNICIPAL PARKING PERMITS
- Monthly permit - first day to the last day of the calendar month
- Quarterly permit (1st quarter = January, February, March; 2nd quarter = April, May, June; 3rd quarter = July, August, September; 4th quarter = October, November, December).
- Yearly permit (January 1st - December 31st).
TEMPORARY OVERNIGHT PARKING PERMISSION
- The City of West Allis uses an electronic permitting system which means applying for and paying for a parking permit will ensure the West Allis Police Department knows your vehicle has a valid permit.
- If you have a handicap placard, please stop into the West Allis Police Department with your State ID Card, your handicap placard, and your vehicle information. Copies of these documents can also be emailed to email@example.com. Eligible vehicles will be added to the electronic list. You must continue to properly display your handicap placard and follow overnight parking rules in the City of West Allis. If your vehicle has disabled license plates, there is no need to register with the City of West Allis.
There shall be no parking (with or without a permit):
- In violation of any parking regulation
- If parking is not allowed on a certain side of a street. You must park on a different street
- If parking is not allowed on a certain side/stall, you must park in a different location (municipal lots only)
- In violation of Snow Emergency Regulations (not applicable for municipal lots)
- In violation of Winter Parking Regulations (not applicable for municipal lots)
The following motor vehicles are NOT eligible for parking permits:
- Motor vehicles in excess of 8000 pounds
- Motor vehicles with a truck registration "D" series or above (not applicable for municipal lots)
- Trucks in excess of twenty feet (not applicable for municipal lots)
- Trucks equipped with truck campers
- Mobile homes, camping trailers, travel trailers, motorized camping vans
- All-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, boats
- Electronic personal mobility devices
- Utility trailers and non-motorized vehicles
- Commercial motor vehicles: vehicles including passenger vehicles used for commercial purposes like delivery vans, taxis, vehicles registered to a company, firm, business or corporation, or vehicles with company decals or markings.