The Health Department is committed to ensuring the health of West Allis residents by providing these services:
- Public Health Nurses and Community Health Screening Technicians provide health screenings, counseling, communicable disease control, and referral to community resources, in a variety settings for infants, children and adults
- Dental health services
- Health Educators offer health care education programs on a variety of topics
- Environmental health services include compliance inspections, complaint investigations, and lead poisoning prevention
- Services and activities for senior citizens at the Senior Center
- Vital statistics, including birth and death certificates
- Commercial scale and weight inspections
24/7 Contact Information
The West Allis Health Department is available 24/7 to respond to a situation that presents a real or potential threat to public health.
What should be reported immediately?
- Infectious Disease of Immediate Public Health Concern (View the list of Reportable Diseases)
- Actual or communicated threats of bioterrorism
- Restaurant or other food impacted by fire, sewage failure, and/or electrical or water supply interruption
- Compromised public drinking water supply
In the event of an after-hours public health emergency, call Police Dispatch at 414-302-8000 (or 911 in an emergency) Why does the West Allis Health Department need this information? The West Allis Health Department is required by law to report and investigate events that may affect the public's health. This is why it is important for us to hear from you when you suspect an uncommon illness or event. Learn more about the Health Department's requirements.