Do you want to meet your neighbors? Impact your community? Build stronger relationships and safer neighborhoods? If you said yes to any of these questions, a neighborhood association might be right for you!
Neighbors working together are important to the health and spirit of a community and shape the quality of life in a neighborhood. Neighborhood associations bring neighbors together to share focus and organize to make their neighborhoods great places to be. As a resident, homeowner or business partner, your love for your neighborhood can significantly impact and enhance quality of life for your neighbors and West Allis as a community.
WHAT IS A NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION?
A neighborhood association is a group of residents who identify with a particular neighborhood and share common goals and concerns for the area. Neighborhood associations are member-based groups that are open to everybody within the neighborhood. Members collaborate on issues and identify creative solutions to address concerns. They also have fun! Neighborhood associations can work together to problem-solve challenges like reducing speeding on residential streets, or they can collaborate to host family-friendly events like block parties.
By sharing your time, energy, talents, and passion for your neighborhood, neighborhood associations empower resident to make real, positive impacts in our community.
WHY START OR JOIN A NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION?
Neighborhood associations are powerful forces for good in West Allis! By starting or joining a neighborhood association, you can:
- Build and strengthen relationships between neighbors
- Create a safe space for discussion about local opportunities and challenges
- Provide an opportunity for people to work together and make a difference in our community
- Enhance neighborhoods by working together to build or improve amenities
- Make your neighborhood safer and more connected
- Engage residents and business owners, increasing the value of the neighborhood
- Work together to achieve common neighborhood goals
- Increase awareness of City policies and programs impacting the neighborhood
- Host fun, community-building events, like picnics or block parties
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATIONS?
Neighborhood associations get things done! The combined skills, passion, and creativity of the members of neighborhood associations come together to build new features in the neighborhood, like public gardens; they help neighbors in need; and they support the community at large. In addition, other benefits of neighborhood associations include:
- Creating a welcoming, supportive community
- Improving property values and attracting new residents
- Establishing effective communication with City Departments and elected officials
- Acquiring funding for neighborhood projects
Learn about some of the projects our neighborhood associations have accomplished together.