Beloit Road Reconstruction Project
BELOIT ROAD (60TH STREET TO LINCOLN AVENUE) - 2023
The City of West Allis and Wisconsin Department of Transportation hired GRAEF to design the reconstruction of Beloit Road from S. 60th Street to W. Lincoln Avenue in West Allis. The design team shared some initial ideas in June with the community to gather feedback from those that live, work, and travel in West Allis.
- Project Overview Map (PDF)
- Typical Sections (PDF)
- Intersection Alternative 1 (PDF)
- Intersection Alternative 2 (PDF)
- Intersection Alternative 3 (PDF)
- Historical/4f Properties (PDF)
Community Feedback Survey for beloit/grant/65th/66th St. Residents
The City of West Allis held a Virtual Public Involvement Meeting from May 27, 2020 to June 26, 2020 for the W. Beloit Road (Lincoln to 60th) reconstruction project that is currently being designed for construction in 2023. Information and exhibits can still be found on the West Allis website: www.westalliswi.gov/beloit. We received 30 responses to the community feedback form on the website during the Virtual Public Involvement Meeting, and are considering four options for the future of this intersection:
- Existing – maintains the closely spaced angled intersections as is and doesn’t address the rising crash rate
- Alternative 1 – closes Grant St.
- Alternative 2 – closes Grant St. and realigns 66th St. to create a 90 degree intersection to improve safety
- Alternative 3 – closes Grant St. and 65th St. south of Beloit
If you have not provided feedback yet, we are requesting that residents that live within a few blocks of the Beloit/Grant/65th/66th intersections do so at this time. Your access may be impacted by proposed changes and we want to hear your thoughts, ideas, and/or concerns before we proceed with the design process.
Please share your feedback in this short survey by 8 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 17. Thank you for your time.