WHAT IS THE FAMILY SELF-SUFFICIENCY PROGRAM (FSS)?
Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) is a voluntary program designed to help individuals and families support themselves so they become financially independent. FSS is available to current West Allis Housing Choice Voucher Program participants.
Participants do not need to be working at the time of enrollment. They only need to be willing to work in the future.
Apply Today & Use This Financial Assistance
Want to learn more? Fill out the Family Self Sufficiency Program interest form.
Review the Action plan for FSS (DOC).
HOW IT WORKS
- Participant meets with FSS Coordinator to discuss and set goals.
- Participant takes necessary steps to meet their goals with FSS support.
- Increased income from wages earned with employment and FSS puts money in savings account (escrow).
- Participant reaches their goals, graduates from FSS and spends or saves the funds in the savings (escrow) account.
THE VISION OF YOUR FUTURE COULD LOOK LIKE OTHER FSS GRADUATES!
- Stable employment
- Completed education
- Reliable transportation>
- Better credit rating
- College account (for yourself or your children)
- Home ownership
- Improved rental options