HVAC Permits

Residential HVAC Permits

A homeowner who resides at the premises or an HVAC contractor certified with the State of Wisconsin and representing the owner may take out a residential HVAC permit, but any electrical or plumbing work associated with the installation would require an additional permit from a qualified, licensed contractor. When a permit is issued, there will be one or more required inspections.

If you would like to apply for a permit for a new or replacement residential furnace, boiler, and/or air conditioning unit, alterations to an HVAC distribution system, a fireplace, pellet stove, or other unit, please follow the link the link below.

Residential HVAC Permit

Commercial HVAC Permits

West Allis follows the State of Wisconsin's Uniform Commercial Building Code, which adopts and modifies the 2009 version of the International Building Code, International Mechanical Code, International Energy Conservation Code, International Fuel Gas Code, and the International Existing Building Code. Please see the State of Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services website for more information and to find the Wisconsin code modifications.

For all commercial HVAC projects you will need to fill out the Plan Review Application, except for commercial HVAC equipment replacement.

If you would like to apply for a Commercial HVAC Permit please use this link.