West Allis Community Improvement Foundation
The West Allis Community Improvement Foundation (WACIF) was founded as a not-for-profit charitable organization in the mid-1980s to promote cultural, educational, recreational, civic, and public improvement programs and services. The Foundation is supported solely by monetary gifts, gifts of services, and other in-kind offerings to promote community projects and programs that preserve, foster, and enhance the economic and social well-being of the citizens, businesses, and organizations of the City of West Allis, Wisconsin.
Historically, the Foundation has annually sponsored two main events: a Community Thanksgiving Breakfast that supports the many food pantries serving West Allis residents and a Charity Gala that benefits a specially recognized group or organization. The Breakfast is held the Monday in November before Thanksgiving Day. The Gala is usually held in March or April, depending on when Easter falls each year.
The Foundation Board of Directors selects the designated recipient of funds raised at the Gala each year, almost a year in advance. Interested parties may apply for that selection by sending a letter and submitting the appropriate application form by the time specified.
2020 charity gala
The 2020 Community Charity Gala has been postponed until spring 2021.
join or volunteer
WACIF appoints its own members subject to West Allis Common Council approval. Members serve three-year terms, which expire in September.
Foundation members attend meetings as called and assist with planning the Charity Gala and Community Breakfast of Thanks & Giving. Members are asked to participate, donate and volunteer at the events and assist with planning such as soliciting donations, donating auction items, or other activities required to make these events a success.
Volunteers are needed for our two annual events. The Charity Gala requires the most assistance, although the majority of work is handled by the Gala Planning Committee and beneficiary group. Community Breakfast of Thanks & Giving volunteers assist with sorting, packing, delivery of donated non-perishables.
To join the Foundation or to volunteer for an event, please contact us.
Your tax-deductible donation to the West Allis Community Improvement Foundation can be made securely online via Paypal here.
You can also support the Foundation when you shop Amazon® through the AmazonSmile® program. Visit smile.amazon.com to learn more.
The West Allis Community Improvement Foundation will accept stock, property of value, and will consider equipment donations on a case-by-case basis. For additional information and inquiries please contact us.
Where do donations go?
In addition to two annual fundraisers, WACIF supports numerous non-profit organizations and community events in West Allis. Recent activities include:
- Donations made to support creation of West Allis Dog Park
- Aurora Health Care Foundation Evening of Promise, benefiting the enhancement of neonatal intensive care parent and family rooms at Aurora West Allis Medical Center: Donations totaling $1,750 from 2013–2018
- West Allis Historical Society & Historical Commission’s Settlers Weekend 2018: $3,000 donation
- Crime Stoppers: $1,500 donation in 2017
- MACC Fund: $200 donation in 2017 & 2018
- West Allis Central and Nathan Hale High Schools: Donation of $200 to Hale in 2018 and $100 to Central 2016 for school fundraising efforts
- WAWM Heroin/Opiate Task Force: $250 donation to Task Force Resource Fair in 2016
- Joyce Ann Radtke Skate Park: Opened in 2014 at 84th St. and National Ave., the City’s skate park is funded and maintained in part by donations made to the West Allis Community Improvement Foundation, Inc.